Things to Do in and Around Wall
• InfoAge Science-History Learning Center and Museum
• Monmouth County Department of Tourism, Monmouth County offers you a world of activities; featuring 27 miles of pristine beaches, many historic sites, fun at two of the nation's best racetracks, deep sea and fresh water fishing...
· NJ Department of Tourism
• NJ Division of Parks and Forestry
• NJ Calendar of Events
• Official New Jersey State Parks and Forests Guide -- mobile app.
• NJ Lighthouses,You will be surprised how many lighthouses there are in NJ. View images and read details, get driving directions and visiting hours, and then plan a couple of day trips to see them all.
• Bike Tours, The New Jersey Department of Transportation has redesigned the nine different tour guides for bicyclists. Print them here in Adobe .PDF format.
• Community Events Calendar, from Brookdale Community College. A listing of art, cultural and entertainment events throughout Monmouth County and beyond.
• New Jersey Symphony Orchestra, 1-800-ALLEGRO; view concert schedule and purchase tickets online.
• NJ Jazz and Blues Foundation,Formed to preserve, promote and perpetuate Jazz, Blues and other indigenous music forms in New Jersey. View scheduled events.
• Arts Center, (732)-442-9200
A 5300-seat amphitheater offers 5000 additional seats on adjacent lawns. Popular entertainment center playing host to classical and pop concerts, musicals, ballets, and ethnic heritage festivals. A multi-million dollar performing arts center specially designed for live concerts, the PNC Bank Arts Center is one of the finest and most beautifully designed facilities of its kind in the United States.
• Liberty Science Center, (201) 200-1000
This unique hands-on science museum features the nation's largest IMAX Dome Theater and includes exhibits on invention and technology, environment and health.
• Allaire State Park, (732)-938-2371
Historic Allaire Village located in Wall Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey, this 19th century village consists of a working blacksmith shop, carpenter shop, general store, bakery, church, enameling building, carriage house, row houses, and other dwellings.
•The NJ Museum of Transportation / Pine Creek RR at Allaire
The oldest continuously-operating steam preservation railway exhibit in the country.
• Island Beach State Park, (732)-793-0506
The state park system's largest natural sand dune beach and barrier island.
• Meadowlands Sports Arena, (201)-935-8500
Features three facilities for year-round entertainment and excitement: Meadowlands Racetrack, Giants Stadium and Continental Air Arena. Home of the NFL's Giants and Jets, the NBA's Nets, the NHL's Devils, as well as numerous collegiate sporting events, concerts and performances. Annual Kickoff Classic opens the college football season each August.
• Meadowlands Race Track, (201)-THEBIGM
Harness and thoroughbred racing, simulcast.
• Monmouth Park Race Track, (732)-222-5100
Thoroughbred racing, simulcast.
• Freehold Raceway, (732)-462-3800
Established in 1853, the nation's oldest and fastest daytime half mile harness racing track. Offers simulcast.
• Wall Township Speedway Stock Car Racing, (732)-681-6400
New Jersey's only remaining asphalt speedway. View track info and schedule, read rules and see photos.
• Raceway Park Drag Racing, (732)-446-7800
Championship Drag Racing... The 1/4 Mile track was selected by the NHRA in 1968 as the site of the Springnationals. Summernationals were added in 1971. In 2000 the Summernationals were renamed the Matco Tools Supernationals. A 1/8-mile track was added in 1996 and hosts the NHRA Junior Drag Racing League.
• Popcorn Park Zoo, (609) 693-1900
A federally licensed rescue zoo established in 1977 for the sole purpose of providing a refuge for sick, handicapped, injured, abused and abandoned animals that can not be returned to their natural habitat. As time went on it expanded to accept both exotic and domesticated animals who faced the same circumstances as well as illegal ownership and shameless exploitation.
• Horse Park of New Jersey, (609)-984-4382/269-0170
The state's first major horse grounds provide an opportunity for visitors to enjoy the official state animal, the horse, at the 147-acre facility in Stone Tavern, Monmouth County.
• Six Flags Great Adventure, (732) 928-2000
Six Flags Great Adventure, Wild Safari and Hurricane Harbor -- The state's largest theme park. Rides, attractions and live shows.
• Thomas H. Kean New Jersey State Aquarium, (609) 365-3300
A 760,000-gallon open ocean tank featuring more than 40 different species of fish, a 170,000-gallon pool for harbor and gray seals and a 230-seat auditorium. Programs for families, schools. Take a virtual tour of the aquarium online.
• Old Barracks, (609) 396-1776
The site of the famous Day-After-Christmas battle during the Revolutionary War. The Old Barracks is also the only French and Indian War barracks still standing in the U. S.
• First Avenue Playhouse (732) 291-7552
Features Dessert and Dinner Theatre.
• Pine Barrens, (609) 561-3262
Encompassing the Delaware River, Greater Atlantic City and Shore regions, the millionplus acres of pristine wilderness feature rare flora and fauna. Visitors can explore this unique area by canoeing, horseback riding, hiking and camping.
• Englishtown Auction, (908) 446-9644
A giant flea market with up to 1,000 vendors on 40 acres provides a perfect atmosphere for family shopping on weekends. Billed as the largest open-air market in the US.
• Atlantic City, (609) 348-7100
Atlantic City, New Jersey has become America's most popular destination. Offers swimming, fishing, casino gambling, great shopping opportunities and the most famous 4½ mile amusement-filled Boardwalk in the country. Home of salt water taffy, numerous trade shows, conventions and the annual Miss America Pageant. Click here for another Atlantic City site.
• S.C.A.N., (732) 542-1326
Senior Citizens Activites Network, Routes 35 & 36, Monmouth Mall, Eatontown, NJ.
The SCAN Learning Center for life-long education is committed to providing education to adults 50 and over that stimulates the mind, body and spirit. SCAN is a non-profit adult education organization serving members age 50+ and their spouses (regardless of age). SCAN offers over 100 free or low-cost cultural, informational and educational courses ranging in subjects from art to computers, languages to fitness and finance to literature.
• S*T*A*R Astronomy Society, S*T*A*R Hotline: (732) 957-7055
S*T*A*R, The Society of Telescopy, Astronomy, and Radio, has promoted amateur astronomy since 1957 when it was organized by an energetic group of observers who participated in Project Moonwatch, a program in which a worldwide network of observers tracked the path of Sputnik among the stars of the night sky to obtain information on how the earth's atmosphere affects satellite orbits. This group soon evolved into an amateur astronomy club which was incorporated under its present name in 1969. Today, S*T*A*R members continue to track satellites and has become the focal point for amateur astronomy in Monmouth County, NJ, attracting members of all ages, occupations and educational backgrounds.
• Go to the Movies, Search the database by area for your big screen entertainment
•Ticketmaster, Search by zip code or event or venue; purchase tickets online.
• BizeTurtle.com - A listing of things to do in and around Monmouth County.